Aaron’s work includes federal appellate and district court litigation, primarily in the DC Circuit, and agency rulemaking proceedings regarding climate change and National Ambient Air Quality Standards.
Aaron’s representative clients include major companies and trade associations in the energy, mining and transportation industries. Aaron has extensive government and policy experience from background working as an advisor to the US Congress and the White House. He is admitted to practice before the US Courts of Appeals for the Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth and DC Circuits; and the US District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Represent clients in proceedings before the Environmental Protection Agency regarding greenhouse gas emissions regulation under the Clean Air Act.
- Advise clients regarding compliance with state and regional greenhouse gas regulatory programs, such as the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative and AB 32.
- Defend clients in federal district and appellate courts in litigation regarding National Ambient Air Quality Standards, New Source Review and Preventive of Significant Deterioration Programs, and pollution related nuisance claims.
- Provided legal and policy advice to the Science Advisor to the President of the United States.
- Assisted in the development of a variety of Administration policies, including those addressing climate change, endangered species protections, pesticides and biotechnology derived plants and animals, national security and emergency preparedness communications, federal and commercial aerospace issues, and trade matters involving the International Trade Commission and the Committee on Foreign Investments in the United States.
- Served as legal advisor to the Members and Committees of the U.S. Congress, analyzing and assisting in the development of numerous pieces of legislation, including the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
- Worked extensively on LNG import terminal regulation, National Environmental Policy Act litigation, public lands policy, BRAC property redevelopment, federal and state electric utility regulation, and offshore and onshore oil, gas, and renewables development.