Bucky's practice focuses on representing public companies in mergers and acquisitions, corporate financings, corporate governance and securities regulation.
Bucky is the former co-head of the firm's business practice group and the former co-head of its corporate and securities team.
- Represented acquiror in $7 billion combination of major southeast electric and energy companies.
- Represented Fortune 500 diversified plastic films and aluminum extrusions manufacturer in its acquisitions, dispositions and issuer tender offers.
- Represented Fortune 500 medical/surgical distributor in a number of its acquisitions and dispositions and its public market financings, including the acquisition of a business segment having annual sales of $1 billion.
- Represented Internet portal company in its $12.5 billion acquisition by a Spanish communications company through a statutory share exchange.
- Represented a large Spanish bank in its acquisition of a US bank holding company.
- Represented a UK-based distribution company in multiple acquisitions of US companies.
- Represented a UK-based, worldwide diversified manufacturer in a number of US acquisitions and private debt financings.
- Represented special committees of boards of directors of companies in the transportation, furniture and fibers and plastics industries in going-private transactions.
- Advises public clients on SEC compliance, corporate governance, restructurings and takeover matters, including rights plan design, adoption and litigation, proxy contests and general takeover protective measures.