Curtis' practice focuses on domestic and international transactions and corporate finance.
Curtis is the administrative partner of the firm’s Dallas office. His practice focuses on representing public and private companies and investment banks in connection with mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, restructurings, joint ventures and a wide range of corporate finance activities. Curtis also represents private equity companies in the acquisition, equity structuring and financing of portfolio companies and other major transactions.
- Represented a US publicly held mortgage loan servicing and origination company in the acquisition of the reverse mortgage loan subsidiary of a US publicly held financial services company.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with the acquisition by its mortgage servicing portfolio company of a mortgage origination company.
- Represented a fiber optic cable company on the equity structuring, financing and other agreements in connection with the development of a fiber optic cable system connecting South Africa, Mozambique, Madagascar, Kenya, Tanzania, India and Marseilles, France. The project involved eight jurisdictions stretching from South Africa to India. After the financial close was reached in November 2007, the transaction was named "African Telecoms Deal of the Year" by Project Finance magazine.
- Represented a US publicly-held consumer electronics retailer in connection with the formation of a China-based joint venture.
- Represented a private equity fund in the acquisition of the largest nursery and plant wholesaler in the US.
- Represented a private equity fund in the acquisition of a large civil construction and industrial site maintenance company.
- Represented a private equity fund in the acquisition of a leading metals recycling and electric transformer decommissioning company.
- Represented a private equity fund in the acquisition of a leading provider of specialized semiconductor products used in the defense, commercial aerospace and space, oil and gas, medical and telecommunications industries.
- Represented a US publicly-held manufacturer of low-power radio frequency products in its sale to a Tokyo Stock Exchange-listed company.
- Represents Smithfield Foods, a Fortune 500 company and the leading processor and marketer of fresh pork and processed meats in the United States, in its ongoing acquisition program, including its acquisition of Farmland Foods in 2003 through a contested bankruptcy auction, and its investment in Spain's Campofrío Alimentación, S.A.
- Represented the fourth-largest grocery wholesaler and retailer in the United States in connection with the financing and closing of acquisition transactions, including stock-for-stock and cash-for-stock mergers, tender offers, asset acquisitions and the acquisition of a regional grocery store chain through the "prepackaged" bankruptcy of the target.
- Represented an international paper products and packaging company in the disposition of its commercial tissue business through an innovative leveraged partnership structure, permitting the client to exit a complex operating division in a tax-deferred transaction.
- Represented a regional gas utility in a stock-for-stock acquisition of a public target with unique transmission and storage assets, including related financings and resolution of regulatory issues.
- Represented a private rubber and related products manufacturer in the sale of its assets through numerous contested bankruptcy auctions.
- Represented multiple Central European issuers in connection with initial public offerings, including the listing of global depositary receipts on the London Stock Exchange.
- Represented a regional electric utility on numerous tax-advantaged acquisitions and placements of synthetic fuel manufacturing facilities.