Mr. Petkoski has conducted internal investigations relating to potential criminal violations of antitrust and competition laws, U.S. international trade laws, environmental laws and obstruction of justice conduct. He has also represented corporate and individual clients in related Department of Justice criminal investigations and parallel civil litigation. He has extensive experience in plea negotiations in matters involving a variety of industries, including electronics, automobile parts, and consumer products. Mr. Petkoski has also represented plaintiffs and defendants in multi-district and other complex litigation involving antitrust, RICO, Lanham Act, and other claims.
Mr. Petkoski regularly works with clients to design and implement compliance programs and incorporate compliance into corporate strategy. He has written extensively on compliance and antitrust issues. He has also taught classes on compliance and antitrust at the Wharton Business School, including executive education courses attended by Fortune 500 compliance officers and senior risk managers.
- Representing leading Japanese manufacturer in Department of Justice criminal investigation of pricing practices and related conduct.
- Represented Fortune 50 company in internal investigation relating to alleged theft of trade secrets.
- Represented major U.S. consumer goods company in internal investigation relating to alleged criminal violations of environmental laws and advised company on related corporate restructuring and compliance programs.
- Represented senior executive in criminal antitrust investigation of alleged price-fixing and other conduct in the Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) industry through plea negotiations, sentencing, and testimony as lead witness in historic criminal antitrust trial.
- Representing plaintiff in multi-district class action against major U.S. food distributor alleging RICO and other violations.
- Defended major pioneer pharmaceutical company against antitrust and unfair competition action brought by generic competitor.
- Represented major automobile parts manufacturer in false advertising action against competitor under § 43(a) of the Lanham Act.
- Represented major pharmaceutical company in Federal Trade Commission investigation into alleged violations of U.S. antitrust laws.
- Extensive experience analyzing economic evidence in antitrust litigation matters.
- Designed and implemented Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, antitrust, and other corporate compliance programs for leading multinational companies.