Ed's practice focuses on litigation.
Ed is nationally recognized for his representation of domestic and international clients. His practice focuses on complex business litigation, financial services transactions, legal and accounting malpractice, patent litigation and trade secrets, securities, and bankruptcy disputes in both state and federal courts across the United States.
- Represented one of the nation's largest specialty chemical companies in a six-week trade secret jury trial against a competitor resulting in a $152 million jury verdict for the client. The verdict was identified by The National Law Journal as one of the 10 largest verdicts in the U.S. in 2006.
- Represented a major U.S. Bank in a $400 million fraud case brought by a Mexican pharmaceutical company resulting in a jury verdict for the client after a multi-week jury trial and awarding the client $2 million in attorneys' fees.
- Represented a major manufacturer in a $270 million antitrust lawsuit resulting in a directed verdict for the client after seven weeks of trial.
- Represented a major venture capital firm in a $300 million breach of contract case by a Spanish-language television station resulting in a jury verdict for the client.
- Represented a major U.S. bank in a four-week trial successfully defending an action by the FDIC seeking $1.2 billion in damages.
- Represented a major international software company in connection with a $1.3 billion patent infringement and trade secret dispute.
- Represented one of the nation's largest accounting firms in connection with a $500 million negligence/malpractice lawsuit.
- Represented one of the nation's largest utility companies in the defense of a $200 million class action.
- Represented a major law firm in an $80 million class action involving claims of aiding and abetting securities violations.
- Represented one of the nation's largest medical devices manufacturers in connection with a $1 billion patent infringement and trade secrets case.
- Represented one of the nation's largest banks in a suit by 54 foreign investors alleging fraud and aiding and abetting securities violations and seeking more than $27 million.
- Represented a bankruptcy trustee in a highly publicized bankruptcy case involving one of the nation's largest mortgage fraud cases.
- Represented an international telecommunications provider in a $15 million fraud claim.