Emily’s practice focuses on the representation of employers in complex employment litigation, with particular emphasis on California and FLSA wage and hour class and collective actions, employment discrimination class actions, complex whistleblower litigation and unfair competition and employee raiding litigation. She also has extensive experience with electronic discovery matters, advising clients on ESI issues in complex employment and wage and hour matters. In addition to her litigation practice, Emily also regularly counsels clients on employment-related matters such as employment contracts and noncompetition agreements, wage and hour compliance, reductions-in-force, and preventive counseling and training.
Emily serves on the firm’s national associates committee and is a fellow of the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce Leadership-LA Program. She is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Central, Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of California, the United States Courts of Appeals for the Ninth and Eleventh Circuits, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, and the Superior, Appellate and Supreme Courts of California and Georgia.
- Defended numerous state wage and hour putative class and FLSA collective actions, on behalf of clients in the retail, manufacturing, food processing, financial services, pharmaceutical, and theatre industries.
- Trial counsel in four representative proof hybrid Rule 23 class and FLSA collective action cases tried to verdict in the last two years.
- Represented management in employment contract and tort disputes, including actions involving the enforcement of non-compete and non-solicitation covenants, misappropriation of trade secrets and tortious interference with contractual and business relations.
- Defended numerous state and federal civil lawsuits, arbitrations, and Department of Labor investigations into alleged whistleblower violations.
- Extensive experience as electronic discovery counsel, including for multiple Fortune 100 companies.
- Defended numerous single- and multi-plaintiff harassment, discrimination and retaliation cases under state and federal law across the country, with particular experience in California.
- Regularly advise and counsel clients on various employment matters, including workforce reductions, workplace investigations and compliance and preventative strategies under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the California Family Rights Act (CFRA), the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), and the wage and hour provisions of the California Labor Code.