Howard's practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions with an emphasis on construction and permanent lending and office leasing.
Howard, who serves as chair of the Dallas real estate group, brings over 28 years of experience to his transactions. Howard's practice focuses on financing of real estate and drafting and negotiating the documentation related to such financing transactions, including construction and permanent financing as well as mezzanine financing; drafting and negotiation of contracts for purchase and sale of real estate and personal property; extensive loan workout and modification experience; and drafting and negotiation of tenant leases (both from the landlord's and tenant's perspective) and related asset management documentation.
- Documentation on behalf of lenders of numerous secured permanent loan facilities (various states) in amounts ranging from $3,000,000 to $200,000,000, including $200,000,000 casino and hotel loan in Las Vegas.
- Documentation on behalf of lenders of numerous mezzanine loan facilities in amounts ranging from $5,000,000 to $100,000,000.
- Closed on behalf of various borrowers credit tenant lease facilities secured by medical office building and 110 natural gas drill sites.
- Sale of numerous office projects ranging in size from 30,000 square feet to 1,000,000 square feet.
- Acquisition and financing of office projects and raw land in cities of Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston in $120,000,000 sale/leaseback transaction. Related management and leasing operations of same.
- Coordination of due diligence review for 200 property portfolio in connection with proposed DIP loan facility.
- Documentation of $100,000,000 DIP loan facility.
- Negotiation of note purchase agreements for single loan and portfolio loan acquisitions.
- Negotiation of $65,000,000 debt restructure by lender for loan facility secured by office tower.
- Foreclosure of office tower securing $46,000,000 loan facility.
- Negotiation on behalf of landlords of 105,000, 120,000, 250,000 and 300,000 square foot office leases.
- Acquisition and financing of office project in City of Dallas in $160,000,000 transaction. Related management and leasing operations of same.
- Documentation of numerous construction and permanent loans (various states) for golf course, casino and hotel developments.