Josh represents public and private companies in complex civil litigation in a broad range of matters, particularly involving securities actions, internal investigations, environmental actions, product liability, personal injury, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and consumer finance litigation.
Josh joined the firm in the Charlotte office after serving as a law clerk for the Hon. Stanley F. Birch, Jr., US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (2007-2008). Now in the Atlanta office, Josh has advocated for clients throughout the country in federal, state and bankruptcy courts and before arbitration panels. Josh is admitted to practice before the US Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Eleventh Circuits; the US District Courts for the Western, Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina and the Northern District of Georgia; the US Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of North Carolina; and all state courts in both North Carolina and Georgia.
- Representation of financial services institutions in the defense of consumer finance litigation nationwide.
- Representation of utility companies in the defense of enforcement actions under the Clean Air Act and other federal and state claims nationwide.
- Representation of financial institutions in various matters concerning credit default swaps, asset backed securities, and shareholder actions.
- Conducted several internal investigations for Fortune 50 companies.
- Representation of an orthopedic device manufacturer in the defense of product liability and personal injury claims.
- Representation of companies and individuals in the defense of contract, business tort, and personal injury claims nationwide.
- Pro Bono experience includes representation of: a habeas corpus petitioner in a successful petition for certiorari to the US Supreme Court; an individual criminal defendant in an appeal to the Fourth Circuit; a Charlotte area tenant against an out of state landlord through trial and appeal; an individual automobile purchaser against a national retailer; and military veterans seeking benefits.