Kevin's practice focuses on mortgage and asset-backed securitizations, structured financings and other corporate finance matters.
Kevin is co-head of the firm's structured finance and securitization group. He is listed as a leading capital markets and corporate lawyer by Chambers Global and by Chambers USA. Kevin represents issuers, underwriters, trustees, master servicers, insurers and other participants in public and private securities offerings, securitizations and other capital markets transactions. He also represents various financial institutions in connection with structured financings and bankruptcy, insolvency and workout matters.
- Issuer's counsel for public and private offerings of more than $1 trillion of mortgage-backed securities and other asset-backed securities.
- Acted as issuer's counsel in connection with securitization transactions involving unique asset types and innovative securities structures, including first full faith and credit U.S. government-guaranteed REMIC program and the first public securitization of reperforming FHA and VA loans.
- Served as issuer's counsel in the design and implementation of securitization programs for regulated financial institutions and other issuers of mortgage-backed securities involving various loan types, including residential and commercial mortgage loans, home equity loans, high LTV loans, home improvement loans, FHA Title I loans, manufactured housing contracts and nonperforming and reperforming government-insured loans.
- Represents real estate investment trusts (REITs) in connection with various finance transactions, including mortgage securitizations.
- Counsels financial institution clients in regards to implementation and compliance with various financial and mortgage market programs, including the TARP, TALF and HAMP programs.
- Represented the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in designing its VA Vendee Loan Securitization Program, the first REMIC mortgage-backed securities program to include a full faith and credit guaranty of the United States.
- Designed and implemented the Government National Mortgage Association (Ginnie Mae) guaranteed REMIC program to securitize Ginnie Mae mortgage-backed securities.
- Represents issuers, underwriters, master servicers, trustees, financial guaranty insurers, securities administrators and other participants in connection with asset securitization matters and structured financings.
- Represents financial institutions, including securitization trustees and master servicers, in bankruptcy, receivership and workout matters involving securitized assets and structured financings.