Kevin's practice includes air permitting and enforcement, wetlands, hazardous waste management, voluntary remediation, economic development and all environmental aspects of business transactions.
- Environmental permitting counsel to project developers of sixteen power plants (10 coal based, 6 natural gas).
- Counsel in New Source Review enforcement actions against three facilities.
- Counsel to pulp and paper, electric generation and specialty chemical facilities in air permitting matters.
- Developed environmental management systems for two steel companies, integrated food company and public utility company.
- Represented a paper company in the divestiture of substantially all of its US operating assets.
- Drafter and chief lobbyist for Virginia Voluntary Remediation and Voluntary Environmental Assessment Privilege statutes.
- Negotiated settlement with EPA, area landowners and local government for remediation of National Priorities List Superfund Site and conversion to community recreation complex.
- Counsel to developer regarding conversion of former Army Depot to commercial and residential use.
- Negotiated settlement of federal RCRA and state enforcement cases for permitting, closure, postclosure care and corrective action at hazardous waste management facilities.
- Counsel to owner/developer which converted antebellum plantation manor house listed on National Register of Historic Places into corporate university campus.