Lori regularly advises the management of public companies and general counsel in connection with complex litigation and strategic reviews of litigation alternatives. She has served as strategic counsel for litigation management, regulatory, legislative and public communication issues. She has also provided strategic pre-market risk analysis for chemical based products.
Lori serves on the firm's Advisory Committee on Alternative Billing Arrangements. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, and Fourth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Southern Districts of Virginia, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Western Districts of Pennsylvania.
- National Coordinating and Trial Counsel for Alcoa, Inc. litigation.
- National Counsel for fortune 100 Companies in asbestos litigation.
- National Counsel for strategic planning and expert witness development in emerging mass tort litigation.
- National trial counsel for international manufacturers in actions involving claims that lung disease and malignancies are caused by particle inhalation, with specific emphasis on Daubert issues.
- Substantial experience in mandamus actions and appellate work at both state and federal levels.
- Substantial experience with motions to dismiss based on forum non conveniens grounds involving international plaintiffs.
- Trial counsel in commercial damages and personal injury actions involving claims related to the sale of radioactive materials, involving international discovery.
- Represented major naval architecture firm in exposure claims originating in various shipyards.
- Trial counsel for major petro-chemical company in complex environmental case related to the sale of former operations.
- Substantial experience in strategic issues involving e-discovery retention of documents, and spoliation claims.