Patty has significant litigation experience in federal courts defending claims under Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act and ERISA.
Patty also handles labor-management relations and administrative practice before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor-Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs and the National Labor Relations Board.
Patty is admitted to practice before the US Supreme Court and the US Courts of Appeals for the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 11th Circuits, as well as numerous district courts. She served as Judicial Clerk for Hon. John D. Butzner, Jr., US Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1983-1984.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in a major class action involving age discrimination and ERISA claims arising out of a plant shutdown.
- Represented several Fortune 500 companies in class actions involving wage and hour claims.
- Advised corporations on employment issues related to outsourcing operations, reorganizations, relocations and the sales and acquisitions of domestic and foreign businesses.
- Advised and defended numerous federal contractors in over a hundred Department of Labor-OFCCP affirmative action audits.
- Substantial experience in investigating, mediating and defending sexual harassment claims in federal and state courts.
- Advised numerous corporations on executive terminations, including preparing and negotiating severance packages.
- Represented clients with regard to traditional labor matters, including organization campaigns, labor contract negotiations, arbitration proceedings and NLRB cases.