- more M&A transactions than any firm over the last 12 years (according to SNL Financial, December 2012);
- number 1 in 2012 with 14 M&A transactions (according to SNL Financial, December 2012);
- hundreds of capital offerings;
- hundreds of fair lending, CMPs, and other enforcement actions;
- myriad compliance issues before all of the federal bank regulatory authorities, including the CFPB; and negotiations of administrative actions.
He has authored numerous articles in banking publications. His article, "Acquisitions of Failed Banks – Present Risk and Opportunity," was honored by The RMA Journal in 2011.
For the last 16 years, he has co-edited ICBA’s Newsletter, "SUBCHAPTER S: THE NEXT GENERATION." He has spoken at over 150 banking conferences and seminars.
Law Journal Articles
- Author, Acquisitions of Failed Banks Present Risk and Opportunity, The RMA Journal, December 2010 - January 2011 (this article was voted the second best article appearing in the Risk Managers Association Journal of 2011; and a winning article for the 2012 Burton Awards for Legal Achievement)
- Author, Federal Reserve Requires Banks to Implement New Overdraft Procedures and Related Disclosures, Electronic Banking Law & Commerce, March 2010, Volume 14, Issue 8
- Author, Prompt Corrective Action, The Banking Law Journal at 317-324, April 2009
- Co-author with Stephanie Kalahurka, Health Savings Accounts and the Convergence of Healthcare and Banking, The Banking Law Journal, January 2008
- Co-author with Stephanie Kalahurka, Less is More: Changing the Regulator's Role to Prevent Excess in Consumer Disclosure, 123 The Banking Law Journal, 99, 2006
- Author, Payroll Cards, Journal of Payment Systems Law, 2005
- Co-author with Stephanie Kalahurka, Overdraft Protection Programs: The Emerging Battleground for Bankers and Consumer Advocates, 121 The Banking Law Journal, 791, 2004
- Co-author with Christopher T. Klimko, Banking Law Developments, Southwestern Law Journal, 1991-1992
- Co-author with Christopher T. Klimko, Banking Law Developments, Southwestern Law Journal, 1990-1991
- Author, Banking Law, Southwestern Law Journal, 1990-1991
- Author, Directors and Officers of Failing Banks: Pitfalls and Precautions, 106 The Banking Law Journal, 434, 1989