Stephen's practice focuses on project development and corporate and structured finance, including telecommunications, petrochemical and electricity transactions.
Mr. Bennett has been practicing in Thailand since 1994. He is an Australian lawyer, qualified to practice in Victoria, Queensland and the High Court of Australia.
- Represented Thai Union Frozen Products Pcl., the world’s largest producer of canned Tuna, in THB28.5B Acquisition of France’s MWBrands.
- Represented Bangkok Bank Pcl. in the THB 10 billion (US$330 million) SBLC backed Convertible Debentures by BTS Group Holdings Pcl.
- Represented the Sellers in 40B Baht Transaction with Tanayong.
- Represented TNP in 5B Baht Joint Financing for Thai National Power 2.
- Represented GHECO-One in US$750 M Project Financing in Thailand.
- Advised Charterhouse Development Capital and INEOS in connection with the acquisition of the acrylics business of ICI.
- Advised China Light and Power Company Limited on its acquisition of a 15% stake in Thailand's Electricity Generating Public Company Limited for US$250 million.
- Advised Ciments Francais on the acquisition of a majority stake in Asia Cement PCL.
- Advised Hellman & Friedman, Marubeni and Kumigumi on the US$100 million sale of a port facility at Laem Chabang in Rayong Province.
- Advised International Power on the acquisition of a 110-MW gas-fired co-generation plant at Eastern Industrial Estate in Rayong Province.
- Advised Nissho Iwai on the sale of US$50 million of accounts receivable.
- Advised Orange PLC on the acquisition of a significant stake in CP Orange, a Thai mobile phone carrier.
- Advised Telstar on its US$250 million aborted acquisition of a 25% stake in Total Access Communications, a Thai mobile carrier.
- Advised Tractebel SA on the sale of Nong Khae Cogeneration Company and Samutprakarn Cogeneration Company.
- Advised Tractebel SA on its public tender offer for all of the shares in the Cogeneration Public Company Limited (and its delisting tender offer).
- Advised Tractebel SA on the acquisition from Sithe of Samutprakarn Cogeneration Company Limited, Nong Khae Cogeneration Company Limited and 62% shareholding in the Cogeneration Public company Limited for US$500 million.
- Advised Tractebel SA on the acquisition of additional blocks of shares in the Cogeneration Public Company Limited from Fortum, Banpu and Nordic Power.