Steve's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, including private equity sponsored buy-outs, public and private securities offerings, securities regulations compliance and corporate governance.
Steve's practice focuses on representation of public corporations and private growth companies, with an emphasis on public and private securities transactions and mergers and acquisitions, including asset and stock acquisitions, sales and mergers, and leveraged buy-outs, in a wide number of industries. His experience also encompasses private equity financings, corporate governance and securities regulations compliance on behalf of public companies and venture financings.
- Represented AmeriCredit Corp., then a publicly traded NYSE corporation, in its $3.5 billion sale to General Motors.
- Represented General Motors Financial Company, Inc. in its recent Rule 144A offerings of senior notes totaling approximately $1.5 billion of financings.
- Represented private equity investors in connection with numerous private leveraged buy-out transactions involving a wide number of industries, including medical device manufacturing, consumer products and food products manufacturing.
- Represented corporations in connection with underwritten public offerings of senior convertible notes, and in connection with Rule 144A offerings of senior notes.
- Represented corporations in connection with underwritten initial public offerings and follow-on public equity offerings.
- Represented publicly held corporation in connection with two registered rights offerings to its stockholders.
- Represented trustee of family trusts in connection with the negotiation and sale of property to Southern Methodist University that is adjacent to the site of the George W. Bush presidential library.
- Represented clients on intellectual property issues, including patent licensing and enforcement, including representing a patent holder in connection with a patent licensing and enforcement program generating in excess of $100 million of licensing proceeds.
- Negotiated venture capital transactions and general corporate, business and securities counseling to corporate clients, including SEC public securities registration, reporting, insider trading and proxy solicitation.
- Act as primary outside general and securities counsel to private and publicly traded companies.
- Represent corporations and investment banking firms in connection with underwritten public securities offerings, including numerous initial public offerings in a wide number of industries, including oil and gas, high technology and consumer finance.