Tim's practice focuses on enforcement, permitting, litigation, regulatory counseling, appellate advocacy, project development and land use.
Tim is currently Vice-Chair, King & Queen County Wetlands Board. He is a former Associate Commissioner, Virginia Marine Resources Commission; former Assistant Attorney General, Commonwealth of Virginia; and former Adjunct Professor of Law, T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond.
- Substantial environmental regulatory practice at federal, state and local government levels; represent clients in litigation, administrative proceedings, negotiations and legislative matters.
- Represent clients in enforcement proceedings including air, water, wetlands, hazardous waste, solid waste, oil spills, endangered species and historic resources.
- Represent clients in obtaining and defending federal and state permits and local zoning approvals for controversial projects including landfills, power plants, pipelines, quarries, water, sewer and waste treatment facilities.
- Represent local governments in negotiations and settlement of disputes over water rights and creation of waster, sewer and waste authorities.
- Negotiate matters concerning interjurisdictional water rights.