Adam regularly advises clients on all legal issues associated with cybersecurity and data breach incidents. He also assists clients in identifying and managing privacy and information risks and related regulatory compliance issues. He has assisted with the development and implementation of comprehensive information security programs, and has drafted privacy notices, policies, standards and procedures.
During law school, Adam served as a research assistant for the Hon. Richard A. Posner. He also served as an intern with the United States Secret Service, assisting on cyber crime and identity theft investigations.
- Advises clients in cybersecurity and data breach incidents in the US and abroad.
- Provides advice on cybersecurity risks, incidents and policy issues, including proactive cyber incident readiness.
- Drafts information security policies, privacy policies, incident response plans, nondisclosure agreements and data retention schedules.
- Advises clients on compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act Safeguards Rule, FCRA, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, and other federal, state and industry requirements.
- Counsels clients on various electronic surveillance laws, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, Fourth Amendment, state wiretapping laws and employee monitoring laws.
- Assists corporate clients in evaluating cybersecurity risks in connection with potential acquisitions in the health care and cloud computing industries.
- Analyzes the permissibility of voluntary and compulsory disclosure of information to domestic and foreign government regulatory and law enforcement agencies.
- Designed and published mobile applications for the iOS platform, and has technical experience working with database and information security applications.