Alan's practice focuses on representation of management in complex labor and employment law matters, including contract, trade secret and post-employment restrictive covenants, EEO litigation, collective bargaining, and labor relations. He is admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, the United States District Court: for the Northern District of Texas, Southern District of Texas, Western District of Texas and Northern District of Oklahoma.
At Hunton & Williams, Alan serves as co-head of the Unfair Competition & Information Task Force and Hiring Partner for the Texas offices. He is a contributing author to the Hunton Employment & Labor Law Perspectives blog.
- Extensive experience litigating trade secret and non-disclosure matters arising from employment and fiduciary relationships, including protection of intellectual property and other proprietary information.
- Defense of businesses in state and federal courts and in arbitrations against employment claims, such as breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful discharge under state and federal EEO laws.
- Regularly engaged in transactional matters for publicly-traded and privately-held businesses to create employment and contractor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and compensation plans.
- Negotiation of executive employment and compensation agreements in a wide variety of industries, including financial, insurance, construction, technology, utilities, hospitality, and health care.
- Substantial experience in traditional labor matters, including collective bargaining, negotiation and strategy, union avoidance and matters before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Counsels clients regularly on labor and employment issues fundamental to mergers and acquisitions.