Andrea has more than 20 years of experience providing pragmatic, business-oriented advice to employers. She assists in establishing policies and procedures designed to protect employers from liability and ensure compliance with the plethora of federal, state and local employment laws; provides training on practical compliance with those laws; assists in managing hiring, performance, discipline and discharge issues to ensure even-handed application of policies and procedures; defends employers in threatened or actual litigation when employment-related disputes do arise, and also represents their interests in alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
Andrea is admitted to practice law in the states of California, Maryland and in the District of Columbia. She has been admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the District of Columbia and Maryland, the Central and Northern Districts of California, the United States Courts of Appeals for the District of Columbia and the Fourth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
- Defends employers in all phases of litigation, including trials, in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies
- Counsels employers on reasonable accommodation and other issues arising under Title I the Americans With Disabilities Act and analogous state laws
- Counsels public agencies and private companies regarding access to public facilities and compliance with ADAAG regulations under Titles II and III of the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Advises employers with respect to their obligations under the Fair Labor Standards Act and analogous state wage laws
- Counsels employers with regard to obligations under Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and all other federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws
- Prepares employee handbooks, employer policies and procedures, and job descriptions
- Advises employers with regard to facility closings and layoffs
- Advises and defends employers in OSHA litigation
- Advises and represents employers in unfair competition issues, including litigation involving non-compete covenants, state unfair business practice torts and related matters
- Prepares and negotiates employment contracts for executive-level and other employees and independent contractors
- Trains managerial and non-managerial employees on compliance with workplace-related laws
- Conducts workplace investigations and counsels employers on procedures and best practices
- Conducts webinars, seminars and training sessions on employment issues