Bob has particular experience in labor relations, trade secrets/restrictive covenant disputes, employment discrimination and wage and hour compliance. He advises employers on all aspects of the employment relationship and also advises companies and individuals on independent contractor relationships.
Bob has extensive experience in complex litigation in the labor relations field and in other employment contexts.
Bob is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, Labor and Employment Law Section and the Atlanta Bar Association. He is admitted to practice before the US District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, United States Courts of Appeals for the District of Columbia and the Second Circuit and the Georgia Superior Courts.
Bob volunteers with the Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta and other organizations. He is a contributing author to the Hunton Employment & Labor Law Perspectives blog.
- Regularly represents clients before the National Labor Relations Board, including prosecution and defense of unfair labor practice charges. Experience also includes litigating a compliance proceeding in which back pay award of over $50 million was sought.
- Counsels clients subjected to union organizing campaigns and coordinated corporate campaigns. Has counseled clients in several industries to successful results in several union organizing campaigns conducted under National Labor Relations Board’s new expedited election rules.
- Handles appeals of adverse agency rulings, including those from the National Labor Relations Board.
- Provides training to clients on labor relations issues.
- Represents clients at labor arbitrations and in collective bargaining negotiations.
- Represents employers under investigation by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor and state agencies.
- Represented national food processing company in multiple putative class and collective actions alleging violations of the FLSA and state wage and hour laws.
- Advises management in developing compliance and preventative employment strategies under relevant federal and state laws, including Title VII, the FLSA, and the National Labor Relations Act.
- Regularly represents businesses and individuals in disputes regarding restrictive covenants and other agreements and has recovered substantial economic and non-economic relief on behalf of clients.