Claire is an associate in the firm's European data protection and privacy practice. She advises clients on a variety of French and international data compliance projects, including implementation of global data management strategies, international data transfers (e.g., model contracts and binding corporate rules) and local data compliance (e.g., registrations with the French Data Protection Authority). Claire also represents clients before the French Data Protection Authority.
- Advising a leading US-based oilfield services company on all aspects of French and European data protection compliance.
- Advising a Japanese multinational pharmaceutical company on registration with the French Data Protection Authority.
- Advising a major Japanese electronics company on French and European data protection and data security compliance, in particular on its data processing agreements for employees.
- Advising a major US-based manufacturer of labeling and packaging materials on pan-European data protection compliance.
- Advising companies on international data transfers strategies using Binding Corporate Rules (“BCRs”), model clauses and safe harbor.
- Assisting a multinational company in handling a data breach incident.
- Assisting multinational clients with conducting privacy impact assessments, including preparation of privacy policies and procedures.
- Assisting companies with the review of their privacy policies and their terms and conditions, ensuring European data protection compliance.
- Assisting companies in setting up whistleblower hotlines in the EU.
- Representing a social networking website before the French Data Protection Authority regarding data protection compliance.