John serves as co-head of the Hunton & Williams energy and infrastructure team.
Over the course of his legal career, John has represented investors, private equity funds, commercial lenders and developers in a variety of mergers and acquisitions and project and finance and development matters involving power and infrastructure projects, manufacturing facilities and major capital equipment (from satellites to oil platforms).
- Represented Fotowatio Renewable Ventures, Inc., a Spanish private equity group, in connection with its purchase of the solar business of MMA Renewable Ventures, LLC.
- Represented Con Ed Development in connection with its $1.477 billion sale of approximately 1,700 megawatts of generation projects to North American Energy Alliance, LLC.
- Represented Olympus Holdings Company in connection with the sale of a portfolio of power projects to Arroyo Energy Investors, LP (now JP Morgan Chase).
- Represented ArcLight Capital in connection with the financing and development of a 400 MW gas fired power project in Hobbs, New Mexico.
- Represented GE Capital in connection with the $940 million construction and lease financing of a power project in Arizona.