The value of the life sciences industry should not be underestimated, on any scale. It has improved the lives of countless individuals and, according to recent estimates, accounts for nearly 25 cents out of every US dollar spent by consumers. At the global level, these benefits are increased exponentially. Hunton & Williams LLP’s US- and Europe-based life sciences lawyers help clients worldwide comply with international, federal and state regulatory regimes, protect the results of their research and development initiatives, market their products, and resolve disputes before local and international courts, tribunals and arbitral panels.
We advise national and multinational companies, emerging growth companies, startups, research and educational institutions, trade associations, and individual and institutional investors. Our clients’ products include pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, medical devices and other biotechnologies, software and information technology, as well as cosmetics, foods and beverages.
Our lawyers deliver specific, client-driven solutions in the following areas, among others:
- Compliance with US, EU, and other national and international laws and regulations
- Clinical trials and clinical investigations
- Health information privacy and data security, including the effects of HIPAA, the HITECH Act and other laws on outsourcing and vendor relationships
- Promotions, labeling, advertising and marketing
- Legislative and regulatory policy development and government relations
- Joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and other major corporate transactions
- Debt and equity financing
- Intellectual property prosecution and appeals involving patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets, as well as Hatch-Waxman and other IP litigation
We work directly with lawyers from the firm's other practice areas, such as antitrust, environmental law, labor and employment, real estate, securities law and tax, to ensure that all of our clients’ legal needs are met in a coordinated, comprehensive manner.
Please visit www.hunton.com/services for more information on our industries and practices.