Sara is an associate in the firm’s Atlanta office. Her practice focuses on employment litigation, traditional labor and employment advice and counseling.
She has litigated cases involving the Fair Labor Standards Act, National Labor Relations Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, and related state statutes. She has also represented employers before the National Labor Relations Board and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
In addition to defending employers in litigation, Sara regularly provides day-to-day advice on a variety of employment matters, and drafts employee handbooks, contracts, and agreements. She has also advised clients on labor legislation and proposals at the state and federal level.
In law school, Sara clerked at the Atlanta District Office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the US Department of Labor’s Office of the Solicitor, and for Chief Justice Carol Hunstein of the Supreme Court of Georgia. In addition, she researched and published several articles on constitutional exemptions to Title VII as a member of the Editorial Board of Emory Law Journal.
- Represented management in several union organizing elections which resulted in a withdrawal of the petition or a management win.
- Obtained full defense verdict and grant of attorneys’ fees in trade secret trial.
- Successfully represented numerous employers in Equal Employment Opportunity Commission investigations.
- Obtained full dismissal of a five-figure regulatory fine imposed by the state of Georgia for a mixed retail and service establishment.
- Obtained full defense verdict in bench trial for an international newspaper in a Fair Labor Standards Act unpaid overtime action.