Anita advises multinational clients on general European data protection compliance across a range of sectors. She also advises on employee and customer data issues and electronic commerce.
Anita has extensive knowledge of data protection and privacy legislation from her previous experience as a government lawyer, specializing in information and human rights law.
- Advising public sector organizations on the requirements of UK data protection law, including general compliance analysis and managing data security risks.
- Conducting privacy impact assessments for the activities of numerous organizations.
- Preparing privacy policies and guidance across a wide range of sectors.
- Advising on cross border data transfers using Model Clauses, Safe Harbor and Binding Corporate Rules.
- Advising on complex and high profile Freedom of Information requests and appeals to the Information Tribunal.
- Extensive knowledge of data protection and privacy legislation following a previous career as a government lawyer specializing in information and human rights law.