Bing Maisog is the Chief Representative of the firm’s office in Beijing. He is a member of the firm's Corporate practice team, and has also worked as a member of the Energy and Infrastructure team. Prior to the establishment of the Beijing office, he was resident in both Bangkok and Hong Kong, and worked on significant project finance and project acquisition transactions in many countries across Asia. In the past, he has also worked as a corporate finance lawyer, with experience in initial public offerings, private placements, and financial institution merger and acquisition transactions.
ince arriving in China in 2005, Bing has expanded his focus to include personal information protection matters in the Chinese and regional contexts, foreign direct investment and mergers and acquisitions. His broad range of international transactional experience and his U.S. lawyer’s perspective, coupled with his knowledge of China and the Chinese language, make him a China transactional advisor of exceptional background.
- Represented a Chinese affiliate of a major Asian-based conglomerate in its negotiation, drafting and execution of a turnkey Design, Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning Contract for a 10 MW waste flue gas-fired captive cogeneration facility in Shandong Province, China.
- Represented a U.S.-based Internet platform developer in a complex local management buyout of the assets of its Chinese operating subsidiary.
- Represented a China-based alternative energy development company in its acquisition of a Canada-based developer of alternative energy sources.
Represented a multinational energy concern in a major energy acquisition transaction in China.
- Represented a multinational energy concern in a complex international arbitration in China.
- Advised a multinational payment processor in relation to data protection requirements in Hong Kong and China.
- Represented a U.S.-based manufacturer in connection with its regional business arrangements in Asia, including assisting in the preparation of distribution agreements for markets in the region, and manufacturing outsourcing agreements.
- Represented a major multinational energy concern in its successful acquisition of a holding company owning interests in two coal mining joint ventures in Shanxi Province having a total production capacity of 10 million tons per year.
- Represented a major multinational energy concern in its successful acquisition of a significant portfolio of cooperative joint ventures and wholly foreign- owned enterprises which operate combined power and steam assets in Northeast China.
- Represented a major U.S.-based chemicals manufacturer in the negotiation of a complex series of agreements for the establishment of a chemical joint venture in Shanghai.
- Advised a major multinational retailer on regional personal information security law requirements in Asia, including in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines.
- Participated as principal draftsman for the concession agreement and ancillary agreements in the privatization of the national electricity transmission system in the Philippines.
- Represented the acquiror of the largest and most advanced electricity generating facility in Thailand in securing project financing facilities for its acquisition of the facility from the preceding public utility owner.
- Represented a U.S.-based industrial products manufacturer in advising on a proposed acquisition of an interest in a wholly foreign-owned subsidiary in Suzhou from its original Taiwanese sponsors.
- Represented a major Thai mining and energy concern in the negotiation of a long-term coal supply agreement for a 210 MW independent power producer facility in the Philippines.
- Represented the project sponsor in connection with the turnkey engineering, procurement and construction arrangements for a 250 MW cogeneration project in the Hsinchu Science-based Industrial Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- Represented the project sponsor in the negotiation, drafting and execution of the turnkey engineering, procurement and construction arrangements for a 980 MW combined cycle electrical power generation facility in Tainan, Taiwan.
- Represented the project sponsor in the negotiation, drafting and execution of the turnkey engineering, procurement and construction arrangements for a 490 MW combined cycle electrical power generation facility in the Chang Bin Industrial Park, Taiwan.
- Represented a subsidiary of a major US-based power facility sponsor in its acquisition of a 33.62% share interest in a significant private sector power generating company in Thailand, which holds cogeneration facilities with installed capacity of 810 MW.
- Represented a subsidiary of the same major US-based power facility sponsor in its increase of its share interest in a significant private sector power generating company in Thailand to a majority interest through a complex series of transactions involving a rights offering, a tender offer and a series of private share sales.
- Represented a bidder in conducting a legal due diligence review and in formulating proposals for project and acquisition documentation in connection with the proposed privatization of the 2,420 MW Kapar power station in Malaysia.