Carter is experienced in appellate and district court litigation and agency rulemakings. Representative clients include companies and trade associations in the electric generation, manufacturing and transportation industries. She has been admitted to practice in the US Courts of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, the Sixth Circuit, and the Eleventh Circuit, and the US District Court for the District of Columbia.
Carter also has experience representing clients involved in emission reduction and renewable energy projects, and emissions trading. She has a background in corporate and transactional law.
- Represented electric utility group in litigation in the US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit in a successful challenge to EPA's Cross-State Air Pollution Rule.
- Represented land owning companies in ESA litigation resulting in favorable precedent-setting appellate court decision.
- Represent international manufacturing company in CERCLA litigation involving a major industrial site.
- Represent industry clients in litigation under the CAA, ESA, CWA, CERCLA, and NEPA.
- Represent industry clients in rulemakings under the CAA.
- Draft and negotiate verified emission reduction purchase agreements (VERPAs) and renewable energy certificate (REC) purchase agreements for both buyers and sellers.