Djordje has a broad competition law practice with a focus on criminal antitrust matters. He has represented over a dozen corporate and individual clients in cartel investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and enforcers in other jurisdictions, including as lead counsel for significant corporate clients. He has also served as lead counsel for corporate clients involved in civil class actions that follow Department of Justice investigations.
Djordje has also conducted internal investigations relating to potential criminal violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, U.S. international trade laws, environmental laws and obstruction of justice conduct. Djordje has also represented plaintiffs and defendants in multi-district and other complex litigation involving a variety of antitrust, RICO, Lanham Act, and other claims.
Djordje regularly counsels clients on a variety of antitrust and competition matters and works with clients to design and implement compliance programs and incorporate compliance into corporate strategy. He has written extensively on compliance and antitrust issues and has served as a panelist on these issues at American Bar Association events. He has also taught classes on compliance and antitrust at the Wharton Business School, including executive education courses attended by Fortune 500 compliance officers and senior risk managers.
- Representing large Japanese manufacturer in Department of Justice criminal investigation of pricing practices and related conduct.
- Represented leading Asian manufacturer in Department of Justice criminal investigation and national class actions alleging price-fixing and related conduct.
- Advised leading U.S. consumer goods company on series of high profile strategic partnerships, joint ventures, and acquisitions over a period spanning several years.
- Represented Fortune 50 company in internal investigation relating to alleged theft of trade secrets.
- Represented major U.S. consumer goods company in Department of Justice investigation of alleged criminal violations of environmental laws and advised company on related corporate restructuring and compliance programs.
- Represented senior executive in criminal antitrust investigation of alleged price-fixing and other conduct in the Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) industry through plea negotiations, sentencing, and testimony as key witness in historic criminal antitrust trials.
- Represented plaintiff in multi-district class action against major U.S. food distributor alleging RICO and other violations.
- Defended major pioneer pharmaceutical company against antitrust and unfair competition action brought by generic competitor.
- Represented major automobile parts manufacturer in false advertising action against competitor under § 43(a) of the Lanham Act.
- Represented major pharmaceutical company in Federal Trade Commission investigation into alleged violations of U.S. antitrust laws.