Our panel discussions will bring together thought leaders and practitioners to share current information and insights in connection with ongoing developments in key sectors in Latin America.
Panel I will discuss the rapid economic, political, business and social developments in Latin America; strategic insights to be gained therefrom; and the impact of such developments on existing market participants and new market entrants, focusing on issues such as:
- Recent political trends and developments and their business impact
- The rising middle class and its particular impact on the consumer goods markets
- The impact, risk and utility of social media and enhanced communication
- Risk factors posed by the region and specific countries, disclosure considerations and strategies for affected multinationals
Panel II will build on the first panel’s discussion by providing practitioner advice and sharing experiences concerning:
- Risks and pitfalls to avoid when doing deals and operating in Latin America
- Risk mitigation: local resources, understanding cultural pitfalls before you get too far into a transaction
- Tales from the trenches: success stories and also the unanticipated problems encountered while doing business in the region
- Litigation risk and strategies
- Michael Shifter, President, Inter-American Dialogue
- Frank L. Holder, Chairman, Latin American Region, FTI Consulting
- Vivianne Rodrigues, Financial Journalist, Capital Markets, Emerging Markets and Latin America, Financial Times
- Luisa Menezes, Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Latin America and Canada, Philip Morris International
- Marcelo Salomon, Managing Director Co-Head Latin America Economics and Strategy, Barclays
- Ana Maria Echeverria Urquijo, Corporate Legal Executive Counsel, Carbones Inter-Americanos S.A. (CISA)
- Samuel A. Danon, Partner, Business Litigation and Arbitration, Hunton & Williams LLP
- Wally Martinez, Managing Partner, Hunton & Williams LLP
- Robert Acosta-Lewis, Partner, Mergers & Acquisitions, Hunton & Williams LLP
- Susan S. Failla, Partner, Mergers & Acquisitions, Hunton & Williams LLP
Who Should Attend
In-house counsel and executives at multinational corporations who are already doing business in Latin America and are interested in becoming more involved in emerging markets; in-house counsel and executives at corporations looking into opportunities in Latin America; business executives; academics; international law professors; and law and business students.
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Panel Discussion: 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Cocktail Reception: 6:00 p.m.
Hunton & Williams LLP
200 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10166
Feel free to forward this invitation to colleagues and friends whom you feel would be interested in the event.
Follow-on events to this year’s program will include webinars focusing in more detail on areas of interest highlighted by the participants. Stay tuned for more details on our upcoming Latin America programming.