Hunton & Williams LLP is pleased to host the Department of Commerce in a panel discussion on The Latest International Data Privacy Developments
Monday, September 30, 2013
5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Panel Presentation
7:00 p.m. Cocktails and Reception
Hunton & Williams LLP
200 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10166-0091
Privacy experts from the Department of Commerce's International Trade Administration ("ITA") will brief participants on important international data privacy developments, including on:
- the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation ("APEC") group’s work to implement the Cross Border Privacy Rules System;
- the APEC-European Union joint working team on Interoperability;
- the EU's proposed General Data Protection Regulation;
- the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership negotiations; and
- the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks.
- Lisa Sotto, partner at Hunton & Williams LLP, will moderate the panel.
- Joshua Harris, Vice Chair of the APEC Data Privacy Subgroup and Chair of the APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules Joint Oversight Panel, will update the group on the latest developments in APEC privacy issues.
- Caitlin Fennessy, ITA's leading expert on the EU’s proposed privacy Regulation and co-administrator of the Safe Harbor Frameworks, will talk about the latest privacy developments in the EU and their impact on US companies.
For additional information, contact Vonny Chiu.