Michael Sievers, co-chair of the firm’s Unmanned Systems Group discusses the FAA’s new rules for commercial use of small unmanned aircraft systems (commonly known as drones). Speaking with several news outlets, Sievers notes the milestone regulations would still compel some businesses to seek further waiver or exemption to the regulations.
- Read Exploring the Legal Landscape for Drones After the FAA’s Release of Part 107 Regulation, Commercial UAV News, June 28, 2016.
- Commercial Drone Uses Cleared for Takeoff by DOT, Bloomberg BNA Privacy Law Watch, June 21, 2016.
- FAA OKs Small Drones But Leaves Big Questions Hovering, Law360, June 21, 2016. (subscription site)
- FAA Drone Rules Released but Key Processes Yet to be Developed, Inside Unmanned Systems, June 21, 2016.
- How the FAA's First-Ever Commercial Drone Rules Could Affect Power Companies, Power Magazine, June 22, 2016.