Alif’s practice focuses on labor and employment law.
Alif focuses on complex labor and employment issues including employment discrimination litigation, wage & hour actions, employment agreements, collective bargaining agreements, reductions in force, trade secrets and restrictive covenant matters. Alif also helps employers comply with federal, state and local labor and employment laws by advising on workplace policies and procedures. In addition, he participates in several of the firm’s pro bono projects.
Prior to joining Hunton & Williams, Alif was a Fellow at the Dallas district office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and also worked on labor and employment law matters at LexisNexis, Pitney Bowes, and the New York City Office of Labor Relations.
Alif is a contributing author to the Hunton Employment & Labor Law Perspectives Blog.
- Defends state and federal civil lawsuits and investigations related to claims for discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Advises management in developing compliance, training, and employment policies under relevant federal and state law, by auditing employment practices, handbooks and other company documents/policies.
- Prepares and revises employee handbooks, employee policies, and related materials.
- Defends employers against unfair labor practice charges filed with the National Labor Relations Board.
- Defends charges before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and comparable state agencies.
- Engaged in transactional matters for publicly traded and privately held businesses to create employment and contractor agreements, confidentiality agreements, and non-compete agreements.