Allison’s practice focuses on compliance and litigation for financial institutions related to consumer protection laws.
Allison is a trial attorney who represents and counsels clients in complex commercial disputes involving financial services litigation and compliance. Allison also has experience with complex commercial litigation matters, including class actions, in matters involving antitrust, breach of contract (including covenants not to compete), business fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, deceptive trade practice, unfair competition, securities fraud, environmental and energy-related litigation, misappropriation and theft of trade secrets, and in defense of professional liability claims involving attorneys, consultants, accountants, and officers and directors. Allison has extensive experience in federal and state courts in bench and jury trials and also has handled arbitration proceedings. She also has served as a teacher and trainer of effective trial advocacy.
- Advised lenders regarding RESPA, mortgage compliance, usury, fair debt collection, fair credit reporting, and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Litigated cases regarding unfair debt collection, credit reporting and deceptive trade practices.
- Successfully represented client in prosecuting a $20 million wire fraud case.
- Successfully represented client in case involving disputed control over international gold mine operation.
- Successfully represented client in tortious interference of contract claim by obtaining summary judgment.
- Successfully represented client in dispute involving audit and budget related to jointly managed large commercial property.
- Successfully represented real estate developer in dispute over land development rights, including obtaining injunction and summary judgment.
- Successfully represented several large law firms in legal malpractice defense actions filed in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts by obtaining summary judgment.
- Successfully represented nationwide insurance carrier in several class action disputes by obtaining summary judgments.
- Successfully represented law firm in multi-forum and related litigation involving tax shelter opinions by obtaining summary judgment.
- Successfully represented national companies in multi-million-dollar commercial disputes involving allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, antitrust, or Lanham Act violations.