Amy's practice focuses on commercial contracting, licensing and general corporate matters.
Amy is a member of the global technology, outsourcing & privacy practice. She assists with the preparation and drafting of a full range of commercial contracting agreements and licensing agreements.
Amy's background includes five years of practicing at a Richmond-based intellectual property boutique firm, and nine years of practicing on the corporate team at Christian & Barton, LLP. From 1989-1991, Amy served as law clerk to Virginia Supreme Court Chief Justice Harry L. Carrico.
- Assisting with the preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts for a leading consumer products manufacturer, including sales and purchase agreements, service agreements, software license agreements, engineering, procurement and construction agreements, and agreements in connection with asset acquisitions.
- Assisting with the preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts for a Fortune 175 corporation, including procurement, purchase, supply chain and consulting agreements.
- Assisting in the representation of a leading consumer services company, including preparation of master software and license agreement, and review and preparation of applicable statements of work.
- Negotiating and drafting software development and licensing agreements; trademark licensing; trademark clearance and prosecution; due diligence in connection with the acquisition of intellectual property.
- Defending clients' ownership of intellectual property assets, through various strategies including cease and desist demands and infringement actions.
- Representing parties to Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings.