Andrew has handled major international financings for clients globally in a diverse range of industries.
Andrew has extensive experience in all forms of finance including project finance, aviation, syndicated debt, acquisition & real estate finance and Sharia compliant financings. Andrew’s extensive experience spans globally across Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and North & South America.
Andrew is a regular speaker at conferences on finance matters and is the author of numerous articles on financing issues involving a variety of countries with a particular emphasis on sub-Saharan Africa.
- Advising Oando in relation to the $779 million debt financing aspects of its acquisition of certain Nigerian upstream assets.
- Advising the board in relation to $3 billion of senior loans for Katanga Mining in the DRC.
- GTB’s financing and development of the Bolivian section of the Bolivia to Brazil gas pipeline including an additional financing of 30 MM M³/d of additional compression.
- Star Petroleum’s $1.19 billion financing of its oil refinery in southern Thailand.
- Arcapita’s €825 million recapitalisation of its acquisition of Paroc.
- Acting for the owner and operator of one of Europe’s largest independent airport networks.
- Acting in relation to TMK Steel’s £470 million multiple loan facilities.
- Representing the banks in relation to Lal Pir’s ¥20.25 billion and $40 million financing of its Pakistani power project.
- Advising on the acquisition financing of two Swiss hospitals as well as numerous healthcare initiatives in West Africa.