Freddy’s practice focuses on the acquisition, development, financing and leasing of commercial real estate.
Freddy has represented clients in a range of real estate transactions, with a focus on the acquisition, development and financing of commercial real estate including office, retail and hospitality properties. He represents banks, financial institutions and special servicers in connection with foreclosures, deed-in-lieu foreclosures, loan restructuring and workouts, discounted payoffs (DPO) and Real Estate Owned (REO) sale transactions. He also represents landlords and tenants in leasing transactions.
- Represented a private equity client in acquisition of a controlling equity and debt investment in four luxury hotels in New York and Washington, DC through a joint venture.
- Represented a private equity client in acquisition of a Class A mixed-use development through a joint venture with an operating/developer partner.
- Represented several private real estate investment companies in leasing various office buildings, including leases with several AmLaw 100 law firms and a public social media company.
- Represented several private real estate investment partnerships in leasing an anchored retail shopping center, including leases with national “big box” chain and franchise tenants.
- Represented various lenders in the origination of loans secured by various retail, office, and multifamily properties.
- Represented several lenders and special servicers in negotiating management agreements, leasing agreements, and listing agreements for various REO properties, including retail, office and multifamily properties.
- Represented a public real estate company in the restructuring and settlement of complex nonperforming structured commercial real estate financings.