Jenn came to the firm from a trial practice in Virginia, where she managed an active litigation docket as insurance defense counsel. Her prior experience in state and federal court flavors her current litigation practice, and augments the advice she now provides to policyholders in a variety of industries, including energy, retail, manufacturing, consumer products, food and beverages, healthcare and real estate. Jenn also comes from a family of small business owners, so she values providing realistic and cost-effective business and legal solutions to her clients.
Jenn regularly publishes and speaks on a variety of insurance issues, and is a co-editor of the Hunton Insurance Recovery Blog.
- Counsels industry leaders at the purchase and renewal stages of various types of insurance policies, including cyber insurance, general liability, errors and omissions, and directors and officers policies.
- Drafts manuscript endorsements for cyber insurance policies.
- Counsels clients in connection with product recall incidents, including claim submission, claim adjustment inquiries, indemnity payments, settlement negotiations, and coverage disputes.
- Experienced litigator, with first-chair and second-chair trial, mediation, and settlement negotiation experience in disputes involving alleged personal injury and property damage, business contracts, employment contracts, general liability insurance, casualty insurance, and alleged insurance fraud.
- Leads pre-litigation and litigation processes, including claim investigation and presentation, motions practice, written discovery, document production, fact and expert depositions, and trial.
- Author of successful oppositions to petitions for writs of certiorari to the US Supreme Court, and petitions for appeal to the US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Virginia Supreme Court.
- Former judicial clerk to the Hon. Charles J. Maxfield of the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit of Virginia.
- Former intern for the US Attorney’s Office for the District of Idaho, and Criminal Appellate Section of the US Department of Justice.