Justin’s practice focuses on privacy and cybersecurity law.
Justin is a member of the firm’s global privacy and cybersecurity practice and assists clients in identifying and managing privacy and information security risks and compliance issues.
During law school, Justin served as a judicial intern for the Hon. Roslynn R. Mauskopf in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Advises companies, including technology companies, retailers, hospitality companies, health care companies and financial institutions, on cybersecurity and data breach incident response, including preparation of required notifications pursuant to state breach notification laws, Interagency Guidance and the HITECH Act, development of media strategy and call center training.
- Advises clients on FTC, SEC and state attorney general investigations and enforcement actions for alleged data security and privacy violations.
- Counsels clients on international data transfer issues, including certification to, and compliance with, the EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Advises clients on complying with the HIPAA Privacy Rule and HIPAA Security Rule, including drafting comprehensive HIPAA privacy and security policies and procedures.
- Advises clients on compliance with US federal and state privacy and information management requirements.
- Drafts comprehensive records retention schedules.
- Assists companies with proactive cyber incident readiness, including analyzing cybersecurity risks, addressing policy issues and drafting incident response plans.
- Drafts privacy notices, policies, standards and procedures.
- Counsels clients on various electronic surveillance laws, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, Fourth Amendment, state wiretapping laws and employee monitoring laws.
- Assists corporate clients in evaluating cybersecurity risks in connection with potential business acquisitions.