Laura’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including technology service contract disputes, financial services litigation, and class action defense.
Laura is an associate in the Atlanta office on the litigation team who joined the firm after serving as a law clerk to the Hon. Richard Smoak of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida. She is a contributing editor to the Hunton Insurance Recovery Blog.
Laura is admitted to practice in the Georgia Supreme Court, Georgia Court of Appeals, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Florida Supreme Court, Florida District Courts of Appeal, and U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida.
- Defended Fortune 50 financial services company in suit by IT infrastructure provider alleging breach of a technology services outsourcing contract. Conducted fast-track discovery and obtained summary judgment for client on vast majority of issues, resulting in favorable settlement of the few remaining claims.
- Represent major manufacturing company in dispute with IT infrastructure provider regarding outsourced technology services. Case is currently in litigation.
- Have advised multiple Fortune 500 clients in confidential negotiations and dispute resolution procedures arising from IT infrastructure and technology services agreements.
- Represented electric power company in dispute with engineering/construction firm regarding construction of biomass-burning power plant. Obtained favorable settlement for client prior to trial.
- Defense of national petroleum pipeline company against riparian landowners’ claims for property damage resulting from spill of fuel oil from pipeline.
- Defense of national restaurant company in intellectual property and personal injury litigation.
- Representation of natural gas pipeline company building new interstate pipeline.
- Defense of beverage manufacturer in product liability litigation.
- Representation of national manufacturer in breaches of purchase and sale agreements.
- Representation of municipality in action alleging unauthorized collection of taxes.
- Representation of major municipality in dispute regarding interpretation of repurchase agreements entered into in connection with municipal bond financing.
- Defense of federal class action involving bank’s transaction posting order.
- Defense of mortgage servicer against claims of improperly obtaining hazard insurance for mortgaged properties.
- Pro bono representation of prisoners in habeas corpus and other actions involving violations of constitutional rights.