Lee is an experienced patent attorney who focuses his practice on prosecution, litigation, post-grant and administrative trials, and intellectual property licensing and acquisitions.
Lee offers clients decades of intellectual property experience, encompassing the complete life cycle of utility and design patents, including prosecution, portfolio management, due diligence, enforcement, litigation and monetization. He has particular experience in the electrical, electronic and software arts, including wireless communication systems, standards and protocols, optical fiber communication systems, laser and optical devices, semiconductor devices, integrated circuits, microwave and millimeter wave devices, test and measurement equipment, hard disk drives, servers, and artificial intelligence.
Lee is registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office and the US District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California. In addition to his legal experience, Lee offers clients significant technical experience gained from his in-house experience at leading semiconductor and telecommunication companies. Lee also has engineering experience with the US Department of Defense and a major defense contractor. In addition, he was a Hughes Master of Science Fellow at the University of Southern California.
- Represented a mobile device manufacturer against a non-practicing entity in multiple patent infringement cases in the Eastern District of Texas; obtained jury verdict of non-infringement in one case; remaining cases settled favorably.
- Represented a distributor of wireless devices against a practicing entity in a patent infringement case in the Southern District of California; obtained dismissal of induced and contributory infringement and enhanced damages claims; case settled favorably.
- Represented a smartphone manufacturer in a declaratory judgment case against a design patent owner; obtained summary judgment of non-infringement and affirmance on appeal.
- Prepared and prosecuted patent applications in various electrical, electronic and software technologies.
- Negotiated patent licenses with various practicing and non-practicing entities.
- Conducted intellectual property due diligence in connection with patent licensing, corporate mergers and acquisitions, and patent portfolio acquisitions.