Luppe’s practice focuses on advising financial institutions in secured and unsecured lending transactions, prime brokerage matters, and in workouts, bankruptcies and portfolio management.
Luppe represents domestic and international banks and other financial institutions in US and cross-border syndicated and leveraged finance transactions, prime brokerage matters, bond issuances, debt restructuring transactions, corporate restructuring transactions and other corporate finance matters.
- Advised agent and market swap provider for repo, swap and debt facilities totaling $2.5 billion in the bankruptcy of residential mortgage originator, related portfolio management activities, and the sale of several large portfolios of whole loans.
- Advising agent in $350 million syndicated financing secured by cash flows generated by a pool of residential solar projects in the Western US.
- Advising a money center bank’s prime brokerage unit regarding the negotiation of prime brokerage agreements and securities lending agreements.
- Advising swap providers in connection with the $11 billion Freeport LNG (liquefied natural gas) transaction in Texas. Awarded 2014 “Deal of the Year – Americas” by Project Finance International (PFI), and 2014 “Americas Award for North American Oil & Gas and Global Overall” by Infrastructure Journal and 2015 Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project Finance by The American Lawyer.
- Advising agent in $250 million financing of a portfolio of wind projects in Illinois and Texas.
- Advising investment and commercial banks and developers in connection with numerous energy project financings.
- Advised seller in a securities contract repo transaction for $300 million of commercial mortgages.
- Advised buyer in a $250 million purchaser financed commercial mortgage acquisition.
- Advised agent in restructuring first lien and second lien term and revolving credit facilities totaling $65 million for a specialty home builder.
- Advised lender in restructuring first lien credit facilities totaling $17.5 million for a retail pharmacy.
- Advised agent in $60 million debtor-in-possession financing for semiconductor manufacturer.
- Advised investment bank in engagement and coordination of multiple mortgage servicers.
- Advised investment bank in engagement of railcar manager.
- Advised commercial bank in purchase of contract payments relating to energy savings performance contracts.
- Advised swap provider in connection with cross-border hedge fund bankruptcy.
- Acted as outside counsel to limited liability companies and investment partnerships advising on general corporate and securities issues and debt and equity financing transactions.
- Drafting credit agreements, repurchase agreements, swap contracts, securities contracts, indentures, joint venture agreements, servicing and management agreements and, in each case, related instruments and agreements.