Pat is the managing partner of Hunton & Williams’ Dallas office. With over 35 years of corporate tax experience, he assists clients with all aspects of federal income taxation.
Pat brings a practical approach to negotiating and structuring acquisitions and dispositions of assets and entities; structuring taxable and tax-deferred dispositions of real estate assets and corporate aircraft, structuring and negotiating partnership and limited liability company agreements; and resolving business disputes and IRS examinations.
His extensive business and legal experience has included serving as the principal advisor to numerous closely held companies and family-owned businesses.
- Serves as tax counsel to a large number of REITs and real estate investors in connection with like-kind exchange transactions.
- Represents clients in negotiating, structuring and financing the acquisition and disposition of private aircraft, including tax-deferred like-kind exchanges of aircraft and state and local tax planning.
- Negotiates and structures asset purchase and stock purchase transactions, including the sale of a $1 billion closely held financial institution.
- Broad experience relating to the formation and structuring of partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations.
- Provides tax and transactional counsel on numerous aspects of commercial real estate transactions.
- Extensive experience negotiating and documenting settlement of business disputes.
- Successfully resolved IRS examinations relating to the sale of corporate subsidiaries, thoroughbred horse racing operations and the operation of corporate aircraft.