Experience is power. At Hunton & Williams LLP, we have advised energy industry clients for more than a century. Over the years, our energy industry team has grown to meet the needs of our diverse clients and to match the expanding range of energy alternatives. Today, we represent established national and international enterprises that develop and distribute power from traditional sources (coal, hydroelectric and nuclear), as well as startups, growth companies and investors focused on developing and commercializing energy derived from renewable sources (such as solar, wind, biomass, geothermal and other technologies).
We understand that energy companies face a host of unique corporate, commercial, financial and regulatory issues. We also recognize that even common business and legal questions take on a whole new meaning in the energy sector. Our lawyers deliver seamless, multidisciplinary counsel that addresses the key concerns facing energy businesses, including the following:
- Project finance and development
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Power and energy capital markets
- Public and private partnerships
- Environmental permitting and compliance
- International, national, state and local tax matters and controversies
- Dispute resolution, including litigation (at the trial and appellate levels) and international arbitration
- Regulatory matters, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance
- Law enforcement initiatives, including securities and white-collar criminal defense
- Privacy and cybersecurity
Please visit www.hunton.com/services for more information on our industries and practices.