Ryan’s practice focuses on labor and employment litigation and counseling.
- Experience defending employers against lawsuits arising under Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, and various state discrimination statutes
- Litigated cases in state and federal courts of Virginia, District of Columbia, California, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida, Colorado, Connecticut, Ohio, Michigan, Kansas, Tennessee, and Arizona
- Extensive experience defending employers against administrative actions filed with the EEOC, Department of Labor, and state/local agencies in over 30 states
- Experience counseling clients on nationwide employment law issues including compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state disability laws, Family and Medical Leave Act and state leave laws, federal and state wage and hour laws, trade secret protection, and implementing reductions-in-force
- Experience representing unionized employers in defense of unfair labor practice charges
- Experience drafting various employment documents including employment agreements, severance agreements, employment handbooks, and bonus plans
- Ryan is a contributing author to the Hunton Employment & Labor Law Perspectives blog.