Aaron advises clients on a broad range of complex privacy and cybersecurity matters, including state, federal and international privacy and data security requirements as well as the remediation of large-scale data security incidents. He helps clients identify, evaluate and manage risks associated with their collection and use of information.
Aaron is well known as a top privacy professional and has been recognized by Chambers and Partners, New York Super Lawyers
and The Legal 500 for his work on behalf of clients. He is a sought-after media resource on privacy issues and has been quoted in publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek Magazine,Corporate Secretary
and TIME Magazine
. Aaron regularly speaks before industry groups, legal organizations, government agencies and educational institutions at conferences, seminars, roundtables and webinars. In addition, Aaron lectures on privacy and information security at Columbia University. He has written and co-written numerous articles, book chapters and handbooks on privacy and information security issues.
- Advises clients with respect to U.S. and international privacy and information security requirements, including GLB, HIPAA, CAN-SPAM, COPPA, state information security laws, the PCI Data Security Standard, and EU Directives governing general data protection, e-commerce and data retention.
- Advises clients on all legal issues associated with information security breach events pursuant to requirements imposed by state law, the HITECH Act, Interagency Guidance and international law.
- Advises clients on international data protection issues, including developing mechanisms to comply with data transfer requirements.
- Prepares online and offline privacy and information security policies, procedures and notices for clients.
- Assists clients with the development of full-scale records management programs, including records-retention schedules.