Richard has experience advising clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate governance and general commercial matters.
Richard's practice focuses on the representation of public and private companies, in many industries, with a particular focus on cross-border transactions. Over the past few years, his practice has involved numerous clients and transactions in the energy sector. Prior to joining Hunton & Williams in 2007, Richard practiced at Goodmans LLP in Toronto and remains licensed to practice law in Ontario.
- Representation of both financial and strategic acquirors as well as sellers in public and private merger transactions involving domestic and global entities.
- Advice to management and boards of directors in connection with mergers and general corporate matters.
- Representation of various entities in the energy sector, including the New York Independent System Operator, in connection with corporate law and finance matters.
- Representation of both issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings and secondary offerings of equity and debt securities.
- Representation of borrowers and lenders in commercial lending transactions.
- Experience in Canadian corporate law including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and general commercial matters.
- Advice to tax-exempt organizations on corporate and commercial matters.