Evangeline’s practice focuses on class action and other large-case litigation involving subjects as diverse as the Fair Labor Standards Act, False Claims Act, and securities fraud.
She is a seasoned trial attorney whose trial experience includes six wage and hour collective and class actions. Two of those class actions resulted in complete defense verdicts, while two others resulted in judgment for the defendant after successful appeal. She is highly experienced in all aspects of case management, including discovery, briefing, witness preparation, working with and deposing expert witnesses, mediation and settlement, trial, and appeal.
- Represented major meat processor in Fair Labor Standards Act collective and class actions in multiple jurisdictions through life-cycle of litigation, including one bench and five jury trials.
- Successfully Defended Fair Labor Standards Act enforcement action brought by Department of Labor in six-week trial in the Northern District of Alabama.
- Obtaining declaratory judgment after two-week trial for medical device manufacturer challenging Proposition 65 listing in California state court; judgment affirmed by the California Supreme Court.
- Defeated class certification of plaintiff fire protection personnel bringing misclassification action under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Successfully struck plaintiff’s sole expert witness on eve of trial in commercial litigation in the Eastern District of Virginia.