Juan is head of the firm’s labor and employment team in Miami and managing partner of the firm’s Miami office. Juan regularly represents domestic and international clients in discrimination and harassment lawsuits, wage and hour collective actions, ERISA litigation and enforcement of non-competition agreements, and counsels domestic and international clients on employment, labor and commercial issues. He also has extensive experience in international litigation, complex commercial litigation, and defense of class actions.
Juan is a contributing author to the Hunton Employment & Labor Law Perspectives blog. He is a former Adjunct Professor of Constitutional Law at Florida International University.
- Defended large employers in nationwide FLSA collective actions
- Defended large employers in jury trials and arbitration proceedings in cases alleging discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims
- Defended large multinational corporations in various race, gender, and retaliation lawsuits brought by individual or joint plaintiffs in federal courts throughout the country
- Represented multinational corporations in employment discrimination and multi-plaintiff lawsuits in Puerto Rico
- Represented various employers, including large corporations and small businesses, in the enforcement of non-competition agreements and the protection of trade secrets
- Represented foreign governments in commercial disputes in state and federal courts
- Defended multinational corporations in privacy class action lawsuits
- Investigated claims executives of domestic and international corporations