Jonathan’s practice focuses on mortgage-related structured finance and securitization transactions.
Jonathan is located in the Charlotte office and is a member of the structured finance and securitization group. He serves as counsel to financial institutions and other market participants in capital markets matters with a primary focus on the securitization of various asset classes and the trading and financing of mortgage loans, servicing rights and mortgage-backed securities. Jonathan also advises clients on compliance with enacted or proposed legislation, rules and regulations promulgated by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Securities and Exchange Commission and other governmental authorities (including, but not limited to, the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and Regulation AB II).
- Serves as issuer’s counsel on mortgage loan securitization and resecuritization transactions.
- Acted as underwriter’s counsel in offerings of mortgage-backed securities.
- Represented various financial industry participants in the establishment of jumbo correspondent acquisition and securitization programs.
- Closed multiple repurchase facilities involving performing and distressed mortgage loans and mortgage-backed securities.
- Represented various financial institutions in both the sale and acquisition of large-scale mortgage loan servicing portfolios.
- Serves as counsel to sellers and servicers on securitization transactions.
- Represents large financial institutions in whole loan purchase and sale transactions.