Uriel has represented clients seeking to engage in infrastructure projects through public-private partnerships with governmental entities.
- Represented international energy company in connection with EPC Contracts for power facilities in Mexico.
- Represented one of the members of a joint venture in the procurement of a US $1.2 billion concession to design, construct and finance the Port of Miami Tunnel through a concession agreement with the Florida Department of Transportation.
- Represented special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) formed for purpose of investing in sugar and ethanol industry in Brazil in issuance of $150 million units (consisting of shares and warrants) and subsequent acquisition of sugar and ethanol production facilities.
- Represented the winning consortium in the procurement of a concession to construct and operate a 106 km toll road in the Dominican Republic and the financing of same through the issuance of bonds. Representation included preparation of EPC and O&M contracts for design, construction and maintenance of toll road.
- Acted as special Florida counsel to the owner and developer of a private toll road in northern Florida, focusing on Florida constitutional and regulatory requirements relating to same.
- Represented one of the members of the joint venture in the procurement and financing of a project to design build and finance managed toll express lanes in Miami-Dade County. This project was advanced by the Florida Department of Transportation under its 5 year work program in accordance with Florida's public private transportation statute.
- Represented one of the members of a joint venture involved in the procurement of public private projects in Florida, New York and Texas.
- Represented Banco Santander, S.A. in a US $3.5 billion transaction involving the transfer of assets under management held by Seller in Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Brazil & Venezuela.
- Represented Banco de Sabadell, S.A. in transaction involving transfer to Sabadell of assets under management and loans held by the Miami Branch of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.
- Represented Central America's largest financial group, in its US $1.77 billion sale to HSBC Holdings.
- Represented one of Spain's leading construction groups in expansion into oil waste management in the U.S. through its acquisition of two subsidiaries of Siemens Water Technologies Corp. for US $182.4 million.
- Represented a Danish company, one of the world's largest suppliers of frozen bread products, in its acquisition of a Florida-based company.
- Represented debtor in US $95 million senior secured bridge loan facility for construction of a toll road in the Dominican Republic.
- Represented lender in US $165 million construction loan for the refinancing and refurbishing of a hotel and resort facility.
- Represented lender in US $50 million credit facility for hotel and resort facility.
- Represented lender in US $100 million secured loan to Chilean conglomerate.
- Represented real estate private equity fund in securing US $50 million line of credit for use as a warehousing facility.
- Represented lender in US $43 million syndicated loan facility to Mexican ferry operator for vessel purchase.